Our network discover is fast and efficient.
Rather than pulling back ARP, routing or bridging tables, which can overwhelm your network, AKIPS uses the gentler and more effective approach of sending pings to every possible IP address in your infrastructure. There is no need to input CSV files.
Our algorithm finds and adds new devices, and updates the configuration of existing devices. Network discover for a network of 5000 switches and routers will typically take 10 minutes.
- Discover your entire network or a single device
- Configurable scan ranges and rates
- SNMP v1/v2/v3
- Fingerprints each device using SNMP v3 engine ID and interface MAC addresses
- Automatically deletes duplicate devices using the fingerprint
- We scatter our ping and SNMP scanning throughout your network to avoid triggering denial of service
- Detects and configures vendor-specific MIB objects
- Filter devices by sysName, vendor, model or location
- Schedule daily rewalks to detect changes to your network
Alerting / Reporting
Our alerting and event handling receive, filter, log, report and alert on messages from devices.
This helps you to identify which data on your network is most relevant to your organisation, and delivers it to your allocated users.
- Alerts on all devices on your network
- Filter out unwanted alerts and noise
- Powerful regex and grouping rules
- Configure your own threshold rules
- Emphasise critical events
- Configure who receives which alerts
- Our availability feature calculates statistics on IPv4/6 ping and SNMP reachability and interface up status.
- Customise your availability targets, groups and date/time ranges
- View tables, graphs and reports in the Availability Reporter
- Outage tables display down/up events and total downtime
Integration / Customisation
Our integration feature delivers alerts to third-party applications.
- Compatible apps include Microsoft Teams, Opsgenie, PagerDuty, ServiceNow, Slack and Splunk
- Quick and seamless integration into AKIPS
- Included in the subscription cost – no more to pay
Network engineers love AKIPS. Find out why.
Get started with a free 30 day trial. You’ll receive a free demo too, before you deploy our software.